Today we welcome J. Daniels to Romancing the Book. She’s sharing a couple Top 5 Lists with us. But before we get to them, let’s learn a little more about her and her newest release.
J. Daniels is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Sweet Addiction series, the Alabama Summer series, and the Dirty Deeds series.
She would rather bake than cook, she listens to music entirely too loud, and loves writing stories her children will never read. Her husband and children are her greatest loves, with cupcakes coming in at a close second.
J loves to read anything she can get her hands on, but her favorite stories involve alphas with a sweet side.
Is this love or just a game?
Tori Rivera thinks Jamie McCade is rude, arrogant, and worst of all . . . the sexiest man she’s ever laid eyes on. His reputation as a player is almost as legendary as his surfing skills. No matter how her body heats up when he’s around, she’s determined not to be another meaningless hookup.
Jamie McCade always gets what he wants. The sickest wave. The hottest women. And Tori, with her long legs and smart mouth, is definitely the hottest one. He knows Tori wants him-hell, most women do-but she won’t admit it. After months of chasing and one unforgettable kiss, it’s time for Jamie to raise the stakes.
Jamie promises that soon Tori won’t just want him in her bed, she’ll be begging for it-and he might be right. Somehow he’s found the spot in her heart that makes her open up like never before. But with all she knows about his past, can she really trust what’s happening between them? Is Jamie playing for keeps or just playing to win?
I love top 5 lists, although, it’s typically difficult for me to narrow it down to five things. When I’m thinking about my favorite books or favorite author, my favorite FOOD… yeah I have way more than five.
Let’s see how well I do with these. ☺
Top 5 places to visit:
- The beach. Any beach. It’s my go-to summer vacation spot.
- Massanutten, V.A.. I honeymooned here. We went skiing and ate pizza every night. We’ve been back several times with our kids. It’s a beautiful vacation spot.
- California. I went to San Francisco this past year and LOVED IT. I think I’m a secret West Coast girl.
- Texas. Cowboys? Check. Fantastic weather? Check. Southern hospitality? Double check.
- My house. I’m a homebody.
Top 5 ways to relax:
- Listen to music. I have playlists on Spotify for my books, and I’ll just pick one and sit in my living room with my headphones on.
- Get a massage. Or a manicure. Or my hair done. Any of those relax me.
- Go to Gunpowder Falls State Park and walk the trails. I love doing this in the spring and fall.
- I would say ‘go for a drive’ because driving can relax me, but living in Maryland, there’s always traffic. There’s nothing relaxing about traffic. So I’ll say eating cupcakes. Sugar makes me happy, and when I’m happy I can relax.
- Talk to my husband. If I’m stressing out, he can distract me from it. He’s gotten good at reading my ‘deadline stress’ and coming to the rescue.
Top 5 things I like to do:
- Read. I love to read, and I don’t get to do it as much as I’d like. I used to read 1-2 books a week. I miss that.
- WRITE! Especially ‘pen to paper’ writing, which typically happens if I’m outlining.
- Spending time with my family. I’m very close with my extended family—my parents, my brother, his wife and their kids. Our kids are best friends. And my brother lives in my neighborhood, so I get to see him a lot. We have game nights and dinners once a month. It’s the best time.
- Go to the movies. My husband hates going to the movies, but he does it for me. We have a babysitter who’s around over the summer, and every date night we get, I always suggest a movie. I love the whole experience. And I’m always the one out of the two of us taking my kids to the movies when something they want to see comes out.
- Going to concerts. I love live music. There’s nothing like it. There’s places near us that will have live music on the weekends, and we go every chance we get. Even if I’ve never heard of the band, I’m down