My Top Five Holiday Foods!
Hi, all! Jennifer here. I’m so happy to be here today on release day of my new Christmas romance, WRONG BROTHER, RIGHT MATCH.
One of the things I noticed about my new book is that a lot of it revolves around baking, eating, or drinking lots of hot chocolate. LOL! But isn’t food a great part of the holidays? I definitely think so. Especially because some of my favorite foods only come around this time of year. Therefore, I thought it’d be fun to share my personal top 5 favorite holiday foods with you all.
- Homemade cinnamon bread Technically, this isn’t really a “holiday” food, but it is something that my neighbor makes from scratch to give out as Christmas gifts. I look forward to it every year. It’s that yummy and special.
- White chocolate cranberry cookies I make a lot of Christmas cookies every year, but the cranberry mixed with white chocolate not only LOOK festive, they TASTE festive as well.
- Pecan Pie OMG—my favorite pie. Yet, it just doesn’t seem right to have it before Thanksgiving or after New Years. I especially love it with extra whipped cream.
- Gingerbread house My daughter and I used to buy the kits but just recently started making them from scratch. Not only is it delicious but it makes the house smell so yummy too.
- Eggnog I know there are two polar opposite camps on this particular food item, but I happen to adore it. (especially with a little brandy in it) Yes, I know it’s fattening as all get out, but YOLO and it’s only once a year.
Honorable mentions, which did not make the list are Hot Chocolate and Starbuck’s Peppermint Mocha.
Hope you all get to enjoy some great holiday food this month! Also, if you’d like something else just as sweet, don’t forget to pick up my new release, WRONG BROTHER, RIGHT MATCH.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Wrong Brother, Right Match (Anyone But You #3) by Jennifer Shirk
Matchmaking guru Kennedy Pepperdine’s life is perfect. Perfect job. Perfect friends. Perfect boyfriend. Except…when she gets trapped in an elevator with a handsome stranger, she accidentally confesses a secret: maybe her perfect boyfriend, Justin, isn’t so perfect for her after all. But a matchmaker should be able to successfully match herself, right? Thankfully, she’ll never see the handsome stranger again. Until she heads home with Justin for the holidays and learns that the sexy stranger is none other than Justin’s older brother, Matt.
Matt Ellis is trying to be on his best behavior for his mother—it is Christmas, after all. But when he recognizes the beautiful woman from the elevator—the one he hasn’t been able to stop thinking about for months—his best behavior is being held by a thread. Matt’s always sacrificed for his family, and nothing is more important than their happiness, but the more time he spends around Kennedy, the more he wonders if her supposed “right match” might just be the wrong brother.
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.
She writes sweet romantic comedies and won third place in the RWA 2006 NYC’s Kathryn Hayes Love and Laughter Contest with her book, The Role of a Lifetime. Recently, her novel SUNNY DAYS FOR SAM won the 2013 Golden Quill Published Authors Contest for Best Traditional Romance.
She’s also a board member for Straight Ahead Ministries, an organization involved in helping spread the gospel and aiding medical and pharmacy students in Russia. She resides in a beach resort in NJ, and when she’s not involved in all the above, she’s taking care of her most treasured possessions: her husband, daughter, guinea pig (Rocco), puppy (Sox) and four hermit crabs.