Tomsenn Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Type Cover for Surface Pro 4
Weight / Size: 14.1 ounces / 11.5 x 8.1 x 0.3 inches
Source: product provided by the manufacturer for review
- This is new update type cover compatible Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4
- Ultra-slim wireless Keyboard Easy portable for business and travel
- The bluetooth keyboard is sturdy with enhanced magnetic stability along the fold so you can adjust it to the right angle and work on your lap, on the plane, or at your desk
- The keyboard will enter its own sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity – simply press any key to wake the keyboard up again
- The button trackpad is now larger for precision control and navigation
Review: When the keyboard was shipped it was in a padded envelope, and within that was the keyboard in its own packaging as if you would purchase it in a store. The package was intact and very easy to get into. The keyboard comes with a USB cable to connect the keyboard to the tablet in order to charge it.
I found that when I tried to connect the cable to the keyboard it was a very tight fit. Almost so tight that I could not plug in the cable. I had to have it at the perfect angle in order to get it to connect. Once it was connected I didn’t have to worry about it falling out. When I connected the keyboard to the Surface it was just a simple plug and play device. The Surface recognized it and allowed me to use it without any trouble. I did find that because the keyboard draws power from the Surface that my battery life decreased faster than I was used to.
The texture of the keyboard itself was a non-slick surface and they key themselves had a nice touch to them. However, I did find that they are not as responsive as that of the type cover that I purchased for my Surface. The mouse also isn’t as responsive as that of the type cover that I am used to. It would take quite a bit of moving around on the touch pad to get it to go where I needed it to.
For the price point of $39.99 it’s a good deal if you didn’t buy a type cover when you purchased your surface to begin with. The fit to the tablet is tight and it folds up well to a perfect notebook size. For the beginner to the Surface and looking to save a little bit of money then this would be a good idea for you.
Overall it’s an ok starter keyboard. However because of the trouble connecting the cable and the issues I had with the mouse I am going to give this keyboard a Rosebud rating. With a few changes to the keyboard I think it could be a real good keyboard.