Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don’t call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don’t stare at hot boss’s, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don’t get on the malicious first assistant’s bad side.
4. Don’t forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don’t break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
Review: The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood is a sexy hot read. Talk about steam. I instantly felt the heat and intensity coming off the main characters from the beginning to end. The instant chemistry between boss and employee is a fiery journey, readers won’t want to miss. Explosive, funny as hell, and yet deeper than anything imagined. Jennifer Blackwood’s writing sucked this reader into the tale. The plot is fast-paced. I enjoyed following the ups and down of an office work relationship. A totally off the record kind that ends up breaking all the rules. Rules set in stone by the boss. A boss who can’t shake his female employee from his thoughts.
Inside this sizzling romance, I found the characters to be irresistible. A believable plot line that hooked me immediately. A young woman graduated with her MBA and starts working her way up as a second assistant to a very wealthy CEO. Mr. Starr graduated at the top of his class at a super young age and started his own company. This bothered his father. A father wanting him, to work, the family company. But Mr. Starr doesn’t want to work for his dad. Soon, the father goes to desperate measures to ruin his son’s company and possible the only relationship that his son actually wants.
But there are more complications than just a revengeful father trying to ruin his son…Mr. Starr’s love affair with his newest female employee hits off the charts in a hot sexy way. It leaves him wondering what he really wants…a few office mishaps and then his father’s evil plan lead him into a situation that may just cause his heart a lot of pain…losing a woman who makes him happy both in and out of the bedroom. Then there’s is an employee who is struggling in debt paying for her mother’s cancer treatments. Will she be able to continue giving her mother the treatments she needs or will she lose that and her job at the same time? Plus there’s her heart that might just swell or break into a million pieces.
The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood is a definite must read for all. I loved it.