Bluetooth Car Charger
Weight / Size: 4 oz. / 4.7 x 3.2 x 1.1 inches
Source: Product provided by the manufacturer for review
- Multifunctional: Multifunction FM Transmitter enables you to do Hands-free calls, enjoy clear music and charge your device.
- Easy to use: Pairing your phone and FM transmitter by bluetooth, insert device in the socket, switch to FM radio mode, make sure FM transmitter frequency the same as car’s FM, then you can enjoy your music as you like!
- Handsfree calling: Built-in microphone makes hands-free calls easily, you can greatly enjoy music and picking the call up during driving for safety, perfectly suitable for the car owners
- Dual USB charging: Dual USB output voltage output 5V/2.1A+1A, can charge your iphone/Ipad/tablet/and almost any other smartphones when you enjoy your driving.
- Service: If you buy item from RyuGo, we will do our best to support you, please contact RyuGo customer support if there is any problem.
Review: I was looking for a way to answer my work phone while driving but while the RyuGo works for charging the phone, I didn’t find it to work well for hands-free calls.
One of the oddities I found was that my charger seemed to be a mirror image of all of the photos and diagrams, like it had been built backwards. Another peculiarity is that the volume controls are on the wrong side for the U.S. (and what I presume to be most non-Asian countries). Rather than having volume down on the left, it’s on the right. This could be quite a pain if you’re trying to adjust the volume one way or the other (for instance, to answer a phone call) and use the wrong side.
But the heart of the matter is that while my two phones (work and personal) both paired to the device, I never could get it to accept calls – no matter which button I pressed or how I set the FM receiver. The description above (taken from Amazon) states there is a built-in microphone but I don’t see anything on the device that looks like a microphone. It seems to me the call would still have to go through my phone’s speaker so if I need to make a call, that bypasses the whole hands-free device claim.
On the plus, the charger seemed to work fine. But I can’t see buying this for the charger alone and there doesn’t seem to be any other use for it.