Madelyn Hill has always loved the written word. From the time she could read and all through her school years, she’d sneak books into her textbooks during school. And she devoured books daily. At the age of 10 she proclaimed she wanted to be a writer. After being a “closet” writer for several years, she sent her manuscripts out there and is now published with Soul Mate Publishing. And she couldn’t be happier!
A resident of Western New York, she moved from one Rochester to another Rochester to be with the love of her life. They have 3 children and keep busy cooking, avid movie goers, and of course reading!
Ahhh, the Highlander! Just seeing the word Highlander conjures an image of a strong, muscle-bound man wrapped in a kilt and holding a sword. Think of all of the hubba-hubba Highlanders in movies and television – Mel Gibson’s William Wallace (Braveheart), Liam Neeson’s Rob Roy (Rob Roy), Christopher Lambert’s Connor for the movie Highlander or Adrian Paul’s Duncan from the Highlander TV series. And let’s not forget Sam Heughan as Jamie in Outlander. These actors/character evoke the perfect image of what a Highlander should be!
Here are the TOP 5 Characteristics I feel each Highlander should possess:
- Looks good in a kilt! Let’s face it, a kilt is a skirt and you have to have enough self-confidence to pull that off. A true Highlander has a certain swagger—cocksure stride when wearing a kilt.
- He’s a Man’s Man! What I mean by this is men follow him, he’s a leader, with commanding tendencies. Men just naturally follow him because he’s concise and can make a life or death decision in an instant.
- Romantic! We’re talking about Highlanders here – they need to be romantic, know how to woo a woman and make her feel like a part of his heart. And by woo, I mean he seduces her with sweet words, soft kisses, and a passionate heart.
- Handsome! Really, this goes without saying, but those chiseled features are a must. Hard jaw, broad mouth, intense eyes – I’m swooning just thinking about it.
- Character! He has to be loyal and brave, ready to protect what is his to the death. When his heroine is in danger – the Highlander will pull his sword and defend her honor. When his clan is in danger, he’ll lead the attack. BUT, he also needs to be kind and have a sense of humor even if he’s dark, a flash of humor is great.
Highland Hope is releasing from SoulMate Publishing on August 31. Here’s the blurb:
“Remember, lasses. Through Hope, Faith and Honor, ye can rule,” were the last words Lady Laird Hope MacAlister’s father spoke before dying. Those very words direct her every action and thought. Sword fighting and leading the men of her clan is second nature to Hope and she has little time for herself or any thoughts of love. Until Aidan MacKerry is captured spying on the clan.
She is beautiful, strong, and quick to pull a sword. But when he kisses her, all thoughts of the Lairdship flee his mind. When the enemy continues to undermine Laird MacAlister, Aidan is determined to aid her—only he didn’t think he’d lose his heart to the Laird of Wild Thistle Keep. When the enemy reveals Aidan’s secret, he must fight for his right as laird and prove despite their differences, he loves Hope.
The enemy refuses to back down and continues to threaten not only Hope, but the security of the entire clan. Only together will they be able to save the clan and save their love.