Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Over-Ear Headphone with Detachable Microphone
Size / Weight: 9.7 x 9.4 x 5.9 inches / 1.3 pounds
Source: discount provided by manufacturer for review
- Digital wireless technology allows you to operate the headphones at a distance of up to 10 meters from the transmitter- allowing you freedom to move around without cable while playing games.The headset can be used for up to 15 hours after fully charged.
- The 2.4GHz Wireless Gaming Headset is specially designed for Xbox one,Xbox 360,PS3,PC,MAC,Wii,TV and PS4. The transmitter has built-in microsoft approved non-driver USB sound card. You can hear both game and chat sounds through headset. Hear chat in real-time overlaid with stereo game sounds. With volume control button.
- 40mm drivers is high sensitivity which make each subtle sound details are very clear and allow even low volume sounds to be heard during playing games.
- Plug and play, to fully support USB 2.0 ,compatible USB 1.0/1.1 interface.Fixed noise-cancelling mic reduces background noise.
- Dedicated craftsmanship and elegant appearance effectively delivers rich and amazing sound quality.
Review: When I bought my Xbox One a few months ago, I didn’t include a gaming headphone. My nephew and brother-in-law wanted to do some online multi-player gaming with me, but without a headphone it was a little tricky. I could hear them through the TV, but had no way to easily communicate back. So, I knew it was time to start looking for a headset. Just as I started pricing them, I got an email asking if I’d like to review the Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Gaming Over-Ear Headphone with Detachable Microphone. I jumped at the chance.
The headphone were well packaged. In fact, I had a little struggle getting them removed from the plastic casing. But considering it had to come through the mail, I’m not complaining since it arrived unscathed. I got out all the pieces and flipped through the instructions to see how to set it up to my Xbox. After finally finding the right set of instructions (it has English, Spanish, French, German and Italian instructions for setting up with PC, Xbox One and 360 and Playstation 3 and 4), I started playing around while the headset was charging. It took a while to figure out all the settings, but now that it’s set up, I don’t have to do anything other than turn on the headphones and turn down the sound on the TV.
The first thing I noticed was how much better the sound was through the headphone than with my TV’s speakers. There was so much more sounds that just didn’t come through via the TV’s sound system. I played a game and then watched some streaming TV and was impressed by the improvement in the sound.
Since the headphones are wireless (unless you’re using the microphone and then you’re plugged into the controller), I started to wander around my apartment. My TV is at one end of my apartment. I walked to the other end and still had completely clear reception. I then started playing with the volume. I could jack up the sound and then remove the headphones and moved a couple feet away and could barely hear it. It also blocked out external sounds. I ran my very loud dishwasher and then put on the headphones and the noise was mostly muted.
I decided to also hook up the headphones to my computer. Again, the sound is much better than what comes out of my laptop’s speakers. But it was tricky to set up and the directions don’t seem to be for Windows 10. I found that if I unplug the transmitter. If I want to use the headset again as the primary speaker, I have to plug in and restart. But unless I’m in the middle of something, it’s a small price to pay for the better quality sound.
I’ve been very impressed with how long the headphones can run without charging. It drains faster if you’re using the microphone, but that’s easily detached when not in use. The description says that it can run for 15 hours when fully charged. I’d say that I got pretty close to that amount of time before it started, skipping. The sound kinda cutting in and out was my cue that it was time to plug in.
The only “complaint” came from my brother-in-law while we were gaming. Since he does some volunteer work as a sound tech, he kept hearing some minor feedback when I was talking through the microphone. My nephew didn’t hear it until it was pointed out. It didn’t bother either of them, much, but it was there.
The headphones are comfortable for extended use, fitting over my ears and not disturbing my glasses. And other than the tiger decal on the sides that light up when the headphones are on and connected, the design is pretty cool. The price was a little more than I was comfortable with, but in the end it’s an investment and one I’ve been happy with.