Today we welcome Debbie Macomber to Romancing the Book as she celebrates the release of A Girl’s Guide to Moving On. Before we get to Debbie’s list of food’s she can’t live without, let’s learn a little more about her.
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family, community, and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope.
Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently A Girl’s Guide to Moving On (February 2016) followed by The World of Debbie Macomber: Come Home to Color (April 2016), and Sweet Tomorrows (August 2016). In addition to her fiction books, Macomber has also written several inspirational and nonfiction works, two cookbooks, as well as two children’s novels.
Celebrated as “the official storyteller of Christmas,” Macomber’s annual Christmas books are beloved and four have been crafted into original Hallmark Channel movies. Macomber is also the author of the bestselling Cedar Cove Series which the Hallmark Channel chose as the basis for its first dramatic scripted television series. Debuting in 2013, Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove was a ratings favorite for three seasons.
She is the recipient of a RITA® award; a Romantic Time Book Reviews Lifetime Achievement Award, and in 2010, the Romance Writers of America presented Macomber with their prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award. She was honored to be recognized for her charitable work with the Woman of Distinction Award by Soroptimist International of Port Orchard in 1996-97.
A devoted grandmother, Debbie and her husband Wayne live in Port Orchard, Washington State (the town on which her Cedar Cove novels are based) and winter in Florida.
6 Foods I can’t live without!
It is no secret that I’ve described myself as a “frequent eater” before. Cooking, savoring and sharing recipes for dishes with friends and family is a constant joy. In fact, life would not be nearly as sweet or savory if these five foods were not a reality.
- Chocolate- I know this one doesn’t sound very original, but it’s a food group, right? Make mine the dark variety, please!
- Balsamic Vinegar- I love that it can be used in so many different dishes. One of my favorites is a slightly spicy version that I love to drizzle over sliced cucumbers. Healthy and low calorie—what’s not to love about that?
- Hot Sauce- The hotter, the better. Anything with a kick to it is near and dear to my heart.
- Wine- This one I am not sure counts as food, but I do love a nice glass of red. My husband and I even have a home wine cellar!
- Apple Butter- I received a jar of apple butter made with fireball whiskey. Oh my, what a taste treat that was. I begged for the recipe and made my own batch to give to friends and family this past Christmas.
- Biscotti- My assistant, Renate, makes me home made biscotti for my birthday every year. If you have never had homemade biscotti, you have not enjoyed one of life’s sweetest moments.