Today we welcome Katie Lane to Romancing the Book. Before we get to Katie’s Top 5 List, let’s learn a little about her and her newest release.
Katie Lane is the USA Today bestselling author of the Deep in the Heart of Texas and Hunk for the Holiday series. Katie lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and when she isn’t writing, enjoys reading, going to the gym, golfing, traveling, or just snuggling next to her high school sweetheart and cairn terrier Roo.
A Billionaire Between the Sheets is the first book in her Overnight Billionaire’s series and released on November 24. Here’s the official blurb:
Overnight billionaires, the Beaumont brothers are thrust into life in the fast lane with exotic cars, private jets . . . and sex and success on their minds.
A commanding presence in the boardroom and the bedroom, Deacon Beaumont has come to save the failing company French Kiss. He was born to be boss in this glamorous new world of lacy lingerie and stunning supermodels. But one bold and beautiful woman dares to question his authority.
Olivia Harrington has dedicated her life to the company’s success. Just because Deacon is sexy as hell doesn’t mean he’ll make a better CEO. With a limitless supply of push-up bras and garter belts, Olivia turns her considerable feminine charms on Deacon to discover what makes him tick . . . and reveals instead the billion reasons why she wants him to stay.
Katie Lane’s 5 Favorite Places to Visit
- Maui, Hawaii. Need I say more? Sun, sand, and surf in a beautiful tropical setting. I’ve been there twice and can’t wait to get back. Besides hanging on the beach, my favorite spot to visit is a little restaurant in Lahaina called the Fish Market. You stand in line to order and the tables are squeeze-in-where-you-can, but it’s the best fish you will eat in your life. They catch it fresh daily and serve it on sandwiches, in tacos, and with chips. Yum-o!
- Durango, Colorado. I love the charm of this little Colorado town, but I especially love it at Christmas time. All the shops and restaurants are decorated for the season. If there’s not snow, there’s always a hint of it in the air. There are lots of great restaurants to choose from, and if you walk down to the railroad station, you can catch a ride on the Polar Express. The 1880’s train appears amid billows of steam. Once on board, you’ll sip hot chocolate topped with a mountain of whipped cream and listen to the story of the Polar Express on your way to the North Pole. Yep, Santa is there, waiting to greet you and give you your own personal sleigh bell. My grandkids were enthralled.
- Washington, DC. There are no words to express how amazing it is to see this country’s capital. My husband and I visited on July 4th and got to witness a spectacular firework show. But my favorite part of our trip was sitting on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and looking down the mall at the Washington Monument and the Capital Building. The moon was full and the night clear, and I got this feeling that all the founding fathers were right there enjoying the sight with us.
- San Francisco, California. There’s a mystic about this city. No matter how many times I’ve been there, I’ve yet to put my finger on what it is. Maybe it’s the grandeur of the Golden Gate Bridge, or the quaintness of the ringing trolleys, or the cuteness of the row houses that are all snugged together like little old women on a blustery day. Whatever it is about the city, I can’t seem to stay away. That’s why I set my Overnight Billionaire series there. It seemed like a perfect place for a lingerie company . . . and for a country boy and city girl to fall in love.
- Hermosa Beach, California. Although it’s a suburb of LA, Hermosa truly has a small town feel. People walk and ride their bikes or skateboards to the grocery stores, restaurants, and shops. Everyone seems to be in t-shirts and shorts with sandy feet. It’s definitely laid back, Dude. But the main reason I love this town is because it’s where my only grandson lives. That makes it my favorite place to visit.
Thanks so much for having me, Romancing the Book! Happy Holidays to all!