USA Today bestselling author Sarah Morgan writes hot, happy contemporary romance. Her trademark humour and sensuality have gained her fans across the globe and two RITA® Awards from the Romance Writers of America. Sarah lives near London with her family.
MY 5 FAVORITE WAYS TO RELAX by Sarah Morgan
1. READING – This has to be my number one way to relax. There’s no better way to take a break from life than to lose yourself in a book someone else has written. I read at various points during the day, but always before I go to bed. I find it clears my head of my own stories and characters and helps me sleep. I have varied reading tastes. I love autobiographies because I enjoy reading about other people’s lives, adore contemporary romance (of course!) and the occasional thriller.
2. EXERCISE – Writing is a sedentary job that mostly happens indoors so when I’m not working I like to get outside and move. I love to hike with my family or hit the trails on my mountain bike. It clears my head, gets my pulse pumping and although it’s relaxing, I find being outdoors often clears my head and helps me solve plot problems.
3. MUSIC – I love music. Rock, Jazz, classical, opera – for me, music can be mood altering. I have a fantastic album I listen to when I’m stressed, inspired by the rainforest. It’s full of evocative sounds like the patter of rain on leaves and jungle noises. I don’t usually write to music, but I do compile a soundtrack for each book and listen to it when I need to quickly get myself in the mood to write.
4. MOVIES – I love watching movies. For me it’s the perfect way to relax but also good for creativity because I get so many ideas for my own stories and characters while I’m watching. I tell myself that this activity straddles work and relaxation because studying movies is part of my job. I also love TV drama but have to be careful not to find myself addicted when it’s a series. When I watched House of Cards I got nothing done until the series had ended and don’t even start me on Homeland.
5. SOCIAL TIME – I’m an outgoing, sociable person. I love people and writing is essentially a job where your closest work colleague has a hard drive, a keyboard and no personality. When I’m working I have to resist the temptation to pick up the phone and have a long chat with a girlfriend so when I’m not working, scheduling a social life is important for my happiness. I love spending time with family and friends and I’ve learned to make time for that no matter how tight the deadline.
This winter, ex-skiing champion, reformed heartbreaker and single dad Tyler O’Neil has only one mission—making sure his daughter, Jess, has the best Christmas ever. The fact that his best friend, Brenna, is also temporarily moving into his chalet at the overbooked Snow Crystal resort is a delicious distraction he’s simply going to have to ignore. Theirs is the one relationship he’s never ruined, and he’s not about to start now.
Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she’s been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture… How can she concentrate on being his friend when he’s sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she’s always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?