Today we welcome JA Redmerski to Romancing the Book as we continue our look at Young Adult and New Adult authors. Sit back and check out JA’s special top 5 list.
J. A. Redmerski, New York Times, USA Today andWall Street Journal bestselling author lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children, two cats and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
SONG OF THE FIREFLIES by J.A. Redmerski (September 2, 2014; Forever Trade Paperback)
THE TRUTH WILL SET THEM FREE
Brayelle Bates has always been a force of nature. Even as a child, Bray’s wild and carefree spirit intimidated everyone around her. The only person who’s ever truly understood her is her best friend, Elias Kline. Though every fiber of her being wants to stay with Elias forever, Bray can’t bear the thought of him discovering her agonizing history. She’s done everything she can to keep him at arm’s length, including moving away. But their undying bond was too strong a pull to deny, and Bray couldn’t survive without him. Now she’s back home with Elias, and things have never felt more right–until one night changes everything.
Elias vowed never to be separated from Bray again. So when she decides to flee in a desperate attempt to escape her fate, Elias knows he must go with her. As the two try to make the most of their circumstance, taking up with a reckless group of new friends, Elias soon realizes there’s a darkness driving Bray he can’t ignore. Now in order to save her, he’ll have to convince Bray to accept the consequences of their reality–even if it means losing her.
Top 5 little known facts about Elias and Brayelle
1. Elias and Aline had a pregnancy scare.
2. When Brayelle and Lissa were both having guy troubles in high school, Lissa joked that it’s probably because they’re lesbians. So, they French-kissed just to see if they’d like it. They didn’t. And had new boyfriends by the end of the following week.
3. Elias slept in Bray’s closet a few times when they were children, but was home and in bed before his mom woke up the next morning.
4. Bray used to tell Elias that she wanted the two of them to run away to California because of a movie she saw when she was ten. Though to this day she can’t remember the movie.
5. Bray writes deeply emotional, and sometimes strange, poetry.
Before we get to the contest, we just wanted to tease you with JA’s upcoming book, which publishes in April 2015.
THE MOMENT OF LETTING GO by J.A. Redmerski
New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author J. A. Redmerski brings us a heart-wrenching, stand-alone new adult novel that fans of her blockbuster The Edge of Never are sure to fall in love with. In THE MOMENT OF LETTING GO Sienna Murphy finally lands her dream job. It’s everything she’s ever wanted…or so she thought. When she’s sent on a business trip to Hawaii, she meets Luke Everett, a guy who makes her want to forget all her responsibilities and give in to the promise of all the happiness they could have together. As their passion grows, Luke makes Sienna start to question whether the carefully constructed life she leads is really as perfect as it seems.