When the staff was asked who we should ask to guest with us during our celebration, Jill Shalvis’ name came up several times. And we were thrilled she said yes to our invitation. Before we get to her guest post and a special excerpt, let’s learn a little more about Jill.
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Jill Shalvis is the award winning author of over four dozen romance novels, including her sexy contemporary and award winning Lucky Harbor series (FOREVER AND A DAY was one of Amazon’s Top Romances for 2012). She won a Rita for SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE and is a 3-time National Readers Choice winner as well. Make sure to click on the blog button above for her daily blog where she recounts her Misplaced City Girl adventures.
Top Five Sexiest Professions For Romance Heroes:
1. Anyone who carries handcuffs. J Cop, sheriff, detective, you name it. We’re all ‘ho’s for the handcuffs. Admit it, it’s totally true.
2. Anyone who carries a hose. Hey, I’m talking about firefighters here, what were YOU thinking?
3. Anyone wearing a toolbelt. I don’t know exactly why this is, it just is a fact in the universe. Toolbelts = sexy.
4. Anyone wearing a suit and in ownership of a billion dollar empire. I’m not quite into this phenomena myself, I’m much more into the guy who works with his hands but I get the fantasy. A smart, rich guy is sexy as hell.
5. Anyone who makes a living with balls. I’m talking sports heroes, people. Which you totally knew, right? There’s something about a guy willing to risk life and limb to make the win…
How about you? What’s your top profession for a romance hero?
And here’s an excerpt from Jill’s newest release, It Had to Be You:
A rough sound escaped him, and he tightened his grip. “It’s okay, Ali. I’ve got you.”
Thank God. For just this one second, someone had her. She didn’t have to be strong all on her own. She exhaled a long, shaky breath and concentrated on dragging more air in. After a few beats, she realized he smelled amazing, guy amazing, and that her lips were pressed against his throat. Suddenly it wasn’t just comfort she was feeling, but a whole boatload of other things too, with arousal leading the pack. Extremely aware of the big, warm hand moving up and down on her back, she wondered – did he feel it too?
And then she had a bigger problem. Her face was still pressed up against his warm skin and – look at that — every time she moved, her mouth slid over him.
He hadn’t shaved that morning, probably not yesterday either, and his skin was rough with stubble. Deliciously rough. And then there was his scent … Yum. She could no more have stopped herself from doing it again as she could have stopped breathing.
In reaction, Luke let out a low, very male sound that called to the most female part of her.
Which answered her question. Yeah, he felt it too.