Hi everyone! First, I’d like to say a big thank you to the Romancing the Book gang for allowing me to play here today as part of the Authors After Dark Spotlights. I’ve spent many a morning going through the reviews here and deciding what to read next! While I’ve been on this site quite a lot, this will be my first time attending the AAD conference, as well as the first time I’ve visited Atlanta. I’m so excited!
I’m also celebrating the release of my newest novella in the Dark Protector series, TWISTED, which features a couple of tough wolf-shifters. I got to thinking. How fun would it be to live as a wolf shifter? Why? Well…
- Female wolf shifters kick butt. When faced with a dangerous threat, does our heroine duck and cover, quivering with fright? Heck no. She stretches into a wolf and bites the bad guy. Brave and deadly, our heroine is.
- Female wolf shifters are immortal. Sure, they face down pain and possible damnation, but hey, they don’t wrinkle. No night creams, silk pillowcases, or lots of hydration for these gals. They don’t age.
- Female wolf shifters sleep with Alpha wolves. Really, do I need to say anything else about this one? Didn’t think so. 🙂
- Female wolf shifters meet their matches in the Alpha wolves. I have to admit, I love a good struggle between the equally dangerous hero and heroine. Sure, they usually end up naked and between the sheets, but hey, that makes for great tension.
- Wolves mate for life. No one gets between a heroine and her man…and many of the men will wade through a battlefield of death, wounded and bleeding, to rescue their heroine. (Who, usually, BTW, can rescue herself. But hey, we like to see the guy making such an effort.)
So, there you have it. Maggie, the heroine in TWISTED, is a wolf shifter who has certainly met her match in Alpha Wolf Terrent Vilks. Here’s a quick excerpt:
Up in the tree, Maggie stilled and then grabbed the nearest branch for balance. Leaning out, she surveyed Terrent. “What?”
“Come down and I’ll tell you.” Low, deep, his voice wandered under her skin to her sex, settling right in.
She swallowed twice. Her nipples hardened and threatened her pretty pink bra. The man was dangerous on too many levels. She never should’ve agreed to this mission. Not even for the king. “No.”
“Don’t make me come up and get you.” The order held bite.
“You’re not my mate.” The branch below her cracked.
A deep growl rumbled from Terrent. He yanked a picture from his back pocket.
Even from a distance, Maggie could make out the photograph of her and Terrent smiling into the camera, their arms around each other. Her hair was a lot longer then. She swallowed. They looked close. “So we knew each other.”
“Yes.” He reached for a branch, only to drop it and grab a different one. His lips twisted in a pained grimace. “Come down. Now.”
Wait a minute. She bit her lip. Was the big, bad, wolf afraid of heights? “I think you should come up and get me.”
He stilled, his gaze piercing through the night. “If I have to come up and get you, little wolf, you’ll regret it.”
So I was thinking, how about we give away a signed copy of PROVOKED to a randomly chosen commenter here (US only)? PROVKED is Book 5 of the Dark Protector series, and it hit the USA Bestseller list.
Would you like to be a paranormal heroine? Why?
Since Rafflecopter is acting up at the moment, to enter the contest, please answer Rebecca’s question (and with something more than a simple “yes” or “no”). For an extra entry, be a fan on Rebecca’s Facebook page. Winner must be over the age of 18 and have a US mailing address. We’ll pick a winner on July 3.
USA Today Bestselling Author Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor, and a hearing examiner – only to culminate it all in stories about Alpha males and the women who claim them. She currently has series going with three publishers: a contemporary cowboy series with Entangled, a dark paranormal series with Kensington, and a romantic-suspense series with Grand Central. Please visit Rebecca at: http://www.rebeccazanetti.com/