Romancing the Blog: Love to Read Romance

One of the things I love about the Romancing the Book staff is that so many of our reviewers have their own blogs.  Today, we have another staff member, Deborah, here to tell us about Love to Read Romance.

Jen:  How did you get into blogging?
Deborah: I have always loved to read, next I started writing reviews and reading others reviews. Then I discovered all the book blogs out there and one thing led to another. A friend said “you can do that too” and that started it all….

Jen: What’s the most rewarding aspect of being a part of the blogging community?
Deborah: Other than the fact that I get to read lots of books that I love I would have to say all the online friends I have made and I have learned so much about the publishing industry, now if I could only find a ‘paying job’ in there somewhere!

Jen: What’s been the highlight of your blogging experience?
Deborah: The chance I get to “talk” to authors online and learn more about the person behind the book. I have the greatest admiration (and envy!) for those with the ability to write.

Jen: If you had to recommend one book to our readers, what would it be and why?
Deborah: The best book I have read so far this year is Dancing Naked in Dixie by Lauren Clark. I have emailed back and forth with her, she lives in the town I was born and raised in. I liked her first book (Stay Tuned) so when I had the chance to read an ARC of Dancing I jumped at it!

Jen: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Deborah: If you had to recommend one book to me, what would it be and why?

Website | Twitter | Facebook

Our event long contest continues. Leave a comment and then enter via the Rafflecopter form.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

13 thoughts on “Romancing the Blog: Love to Read Romance

1. Maria D. says:

Good interview! I don’t think I knew of Deborah’s blog but I’m following it now. If I was going to recommend a book or series – I would recommend The Elfhome series by Wen Spencer (Tinker, Wolf who Rules and Elfhome) – it’s a science fiction/fantasy romance series but I just love it (and I don’t usually read much of those but this series rocks)!

2. Diane Sallans says:

I love to read romance too! I’m going to recommend a romantic series, not just one book but four – Nora Robert’s Bride Quartet. I read it last year, gave the books to a friend, now I wished I had kept them to read again.

3. bn100 says:

I’d recommend The Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas because the writing and characters are good.

4. Jen B. says:

Oh my gosh! I would love to turn my love of reading into a job in the plublishing industry. I love learning about the industry. If I could recommend a book to you it would have to be Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiel’s Dart. No, it’s not romance but it is one of the best written books I have ever read and the love story in the book is so quiet but so strong.And when the couple is finally together, they have truly earned it.

5. The link to her blog doesn’t work..

Anyway, if you haven’t read Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, you have to. If you already did, try Brenna Blixen novels by Liz Reinhardt. Book 1 is Double Clutch, Book 2 is Junk Miles, Book 3 is Slow Twitch.

If you like historical romance, try any book by DeeAnne Gist. Oh gosh, she’s amazing. My favorite historical author.

6. June says:

Thanks for the interview. A series of books that I would recommend would be the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. These are great PNR stories, with a variety of characters (demons, angels, shifters, vampires, angels, hell-hounds, etc.) Lots of action, romance, and much more.

7. Maureen says:

I haven’t seen Deborah’s blog but I will be checking it out. I hadn’t heard of Dancing Naked in Dixie but am always looking for recommendations.

8. Margay says:

I just finished reading Abandon by Meg Cabot and it was so good! If you like mythology – especially the story of Hades and Persephone – this is probably the best rendition of it I’ve read thus far.

9. erinf1 says:

Thanks for a fun interview! I really enjoy Love to Read!

I recommend Shaedes of Gray and Blood Before Sunrise by Amanda Bonilla. They are action packed, have a great romance and PNF at it’s best 😉

10. Paradise by Judith McNaught. I love this author and this is one of my faves of hers. It’s a modern love story that spans a few years. It is SO wonderful!

Comments are closed.