It’s day 4 of our Romancing the Blog event and today’s guest is Stella from Ex Libris. Please help her feel welcome and if you make it to the end of her post, we have an event long contest running…
I have three big passions in life: reading, baking and traveling. I could tell you all about my love of books and how I’ve been a voracious bookworm ever since I learned how to read, but I think most of you have and live the same story so I will rather tell you about the many ways in which blogging has changed my life.
I discovered blogs existed 2 years ago and after a few weeks of deliberation I jumped in and started my own book reviewing blog Ex Libris. Since I created my blog a couple of things have changed, namely:
– I live in constant anxiety (and guilt) of my inbox. It is a continuous battle against the flood of e-mails and I can’t see a resolution to it any time soon *sighs*
– I have to follow some sort of reading schedule. Before my blogging days I read whatever my fancy dictated. Nowadays I have to take into consideration release dates, dates for which the review is to be scheduled and other pressing “blogging” issues. Thankfully I still have a large margin so when I’m craving historical romance I can take a break from the contemporary romantic suspense, but I have to keep an eye on my blogging calendar.
– I have become (or at least make efforts to be) more organized. Blogging requires me to keep a calendar, track of correspondence, organize events, keep charts, tables, and countless other information stored away for author stops, giveaways, contests, etc.
– My room is full of books. I always had a lot on my shelves but since I started blogging I’m always running out of shelves. So books are on my desk, bedside table and everywhere on the floor. I tiptoe in the dark trying to find my way from the door to the bed I have to sidestep piles of books looming on my way there. But who said I don’t like the excitement of building my own book maze?
– I have to smuggle books home because if my mom catches me bringing another book home I get a tirade of having way too many books… though I always tell her that’s not possible 😉
– I’ve discovered fantastic new authors and series and broadened my reading horizons by discovering some genres I never would have dreamt of reading before blogging widened my views. I discovered sci/fi and fantasy, grew to love contemporary romance and get to indulge my every reading whimsy by having the choice between such a wide variety of genres and books!
– I’ve come to know many like minded bookish friends with whom I can discuss all my readings and bookish thoughts and have so much fun! 🙂
And these are just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, blogging takes a lot of time, but it has enriched my life in so many ways I truly find it a blessing.
Thank you Jen for inviting me over and having me participate in your Romancing the Blog event, it was a pleasure!
If you would like to get to know me better, stop by my blog, or shoot me a tweet, I’m always happy to make new bookish friends 😉
Visit Ex Libris at