Jolene: I liked the idea of starting a story from a bad ending. Jameson never told his friend, Sarah, that he loved her, and she’s now with someone else. This is the jumping off point for the story. At the time I’d never written in a guy’s POV, and I’ve wanted to do that forever – so that’s how Jameson came to be.
Jolene: I’ll give you the cliche answer first – but it is true – my parents and my husband.
Authors that inspire me are – John Green, Sarah Ockler, Jandy Nelson, Laurie Halse Anderson, and two recent authors I’ve added to that are Kendare Blake and Stephanie Perkins.
Jen: Why do you write YA?
Jolene: I started writing Womens’ Fiction, but all my newer ideas were YA, so I just rolled with that. It’s also such a wonderful/horrible time in our lives filled with so many firsts, and so much drama. Love it.
Jolene: No routine. My ideal writing situation is me, in my house, ALONE with a cold bottle of Pellegrino and some dark chocolate almonds, or some Kettle Chips – I can down a whole bag of salt and pepper Kettle chips in MINUTES.
Jolene: Jameson would be played by Carlos Pena (from Big Time Rush)
Sky would be Julie Jones (who played Leah Clearwater in the Twilight series)
Sarah would be Julianne Hough (from the Footloose remake)
Jolene: I grew up in Alaska, and LOVE the outdoors. I’m actually doing this interview from my parents’ cabin out in Petersville. It’s a two hour drive north from my home and a ten-mile snow-machine ride in. REMOTE. I’m at the nearby “lodge” – Kenney Creek Lodge, where they have wi-fi 😀
I have two kids, one of those husbands, and a cat who keeps me awake at night.
You can find me at my BLOG www.jolenesbeenwriting.blogspot.com
My group blog www.fortheloveofcontemporary.blogspot.com
On Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/JoleneBPerry
On goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4944599.Jolene_B_Perry
Barnes and Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Jolene-Perry?store=ALLPRODUCTS&keyword=Jolene+Perry
And my publisher set up an awesome site for Night Sky http://night-sky-book.blogspot.com/
- The prize is a ebook copy of Night Sky.
- The contest is open to everyone over the age of 13.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Friday, April 13.