In my house when I was growing up, we watched Star Trek around the dinner table. I guess you could say it was my family’s ‘thing.’ We watched other stuff too but mostly I remember the nights we watched Captain Picard command the Enterprise. (Don’t worry die-hards, I have seen every version of Star Trek. I love them all. I am a Treky too. If you don’t believe me check out my novel Screwing the Superhero.)
Anyway, I digress. I loved reading A Wrinkle In Time and fantasizing about great adventures in made up places. I think these early interests kind of just laid the way for me to eventually find Paranormal Romance. I was actually on vacation with my family in the Caribbean and I’d run out of books. The hotel gift show had Christine Feehan and I discovered the Carpathians. Outstanding. After that I just started reading all the PNR I could find.
Ultimately, it was a trip to the zoo that hooked me on wolf-shifters. My muse just wouldn’t shut off. They’ve had a big witch problem in Westervelt for some time so it seemed a natural progression to make Elizabeth a witch. Rex hates witches and she hates wolf-shifters. None of that makes for an easy mating. But it does make for fun days writing.
And I hope it makes for a good read too.
As a teenager, Rebecca Royce would hide in her room to read her favorite romance novels when she was supposed to be doing her homework. She hopes, these days, that her parents think it was well worth it.
Rebecca is the mother of three adorable boys and is fortunate to be married to her best friend. They live in northern New Jersey and try not to freeze too badly during the winter months.
She’s in love with science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal and tries to use all of these elements in her writing. She’s been told she’s a little bloodthirsty so she hopes that when you read her work you’ll enjoy the action packed ride that always ends in romance. Rebecca loves to write series because she loves to see characters develop over time and it always makes her happy to see her favorite characters make guest appearances in other books.
In Rebecca Royce’s world anything is possible, anything can happen, and you should suspect that it will. She can be found online at http://www.rebeccaroyce.com/.
- The prize is a $50 Amazon gift card to a random TOUR commenter.
- The contest is open to everyone over the age of 18.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on May 11.