Interview with the Mimetidae
Rhys the Cold is the hero of my new fantasy romance novel, A Hint of Frost. Since I haven’t had a chance to catch up with him since his book ended, I thought I’d sit down and ask him a few questions and see how well he’s adjusting to his new life (and new wife) among the Araneidae.
R: I was shot by a Theridiidae once, and their arrowheads are dipped in lethal venom. If not for my cousin, Mana, I wouldn’t have survived. The thought of leaving Lourdes alone… It gave me strength to fight to effects of the venom.
R: I’m teaching self-defense classes to the Araneidae clan. I’m hoping one day, that a few will work up the courage to learn how to properly handle a sword.
R: I prefer the dark. My clan has excellent night vision. It makes my job easier if the enemy can’t see me coming.
R: I want to show Lourdes the crystal caverns at Titania. She traveled with her father often, learning her role as the future Araneidae clan head. Their trips were business, though, so I want to take her somewhere with no greater thought than to see to her pleasure
*I cough into my fist and wish Rhys well.*
Now that Rhys is back at work, I should probably follow suit. I’m about to sign a contract for the second Araneae novel, A Feast of Souls, which is Vaughn’s story, and I have a nifty idea for the next book and I’m itching to get writing. Thanks so much to Jen for asking me over today. I do have one question before I go.
Hailey is a wife turned mother turned writer, who loves her husband, her daughter and alone time with her computer. Whenever southern living strikes her as too ordinary, she can be found squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after or with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen. Wings and/or cupcakes are usually involved…
- The prize is ebook of the winner’s choice from Hailey’s backlist.
- The contest is open to everyone over the age of 18.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Sunday, April 22.