Lauren: Lauren Clark has been a voracious reader since the age of four and would rather be stranded at the library than on a desert island. In her former life, she worked as an anchor and producer for CBS affiliates in Upstate New York and Alabama.
Lauren adores her family, yoga, her new Electra bike, and flavored coffee. She lives near the Florida Gulf Coast. Visit her website and blog at laurenclarkbooks.com.
Lauren: STAY TUNED a story about a television producer trying to find balance and her place in life. Her daughter just left for college, her husband is MIA because he’s a workaholic, and her mother has dementia. To make things worse, her co-anchors get into a fistfight on live TV, and she is left to pick up the pieces. When she’s tapped to fill-in anchor, things get a little crazy!
True Story: Before I began work at an Upstate NY TV station as a reporter, the two main anchors (who were in a romantic relationship) got into a fistfight in the parking lot of the television station. They were fired, it made the newspaper, and a lot of ugly editorials and threats were exchanged. I thought it would be fun to have something similar happen on air and watch what would happen behind the scenes.
Lauren: Crisp, Honest, True
Lauren: I write best in the morning and need absolute quiet. I often go to the library at the local university near our house – if I stay home, the doorbell rings, the phone rings, and the Internet is too much of a distraction! The other essentials are lots of flavored coffee (yes, I am on a first-name basis with everyone at two coffee shops in town) and I have to have my MacBook!
Lauren: Melissa – Amy Adams
Candace – Michelle Monaghan
Chris – Chris Pine
Alyssa – AnnaLynne McCord
Sharice – Jennifer Hudson
Lauren: Sophie Kinsella is hands-down my favorite Chick Lit author. She is brilliant and laugh-out-loud funny! I’ve really liked most of Emily Giffin’s novels, though her first two were the best. Jennifer Weiner is also great—her stories are fresh and honest.
Lauren: Dancing Naked in Dixie (stand alone). A talented but scattered travel magazine writer is on the verge of getting fired. To save her job, she reluctantly accepts an assignment to cover the city of Eufaula, Alabama’s annual Pilgrimage. She arrives only to discover that a developer has big plans to turn the historic area into a tourist site.
Lauren: When you buy a book, what’s more important, cover or plot summary? Or are they equal when it comes to making the decision to buy a book?
- We’ll have two winners. One will win a paperback copy of Stay Tuned, the other will get $10 to iTunes.
- The contest is open to everyone over the age of 18, international readers included.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Sunday, March 11.