We are excited to have Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe guesting with us today as they promote their immortal dating guide, Dating the Undead.
The bite-marks from your past fang-filled romance have healed, and now you’re ready to get back into the swing of the immortal dating world. Easier said than done. To avoid a nightmare dating scenario, read these five tips before you head back into the world of dating the undead:
- Dress to Impress – If you’re trying to lure a Vampire – tempting after dating the hot-tempered Dragon – wear something that shows off your shoulders, or emphasizes your neck. He’ll see it as a preview of his first bite, and it’s much classier than drawing your own blood to seek his attention.
- Keep Your Eyes on Your Man – Immortals take competition – regardless of species – quite seriously. Careful what you say and do with other men when with an immortal, because someone will get hurt.
- Play Nice – If this is your first time dating immortals, tread lightly. Not every date goes as planned, and sometimes, the spark just isn’t there. No matter the situation, don’t avoid his calls. Being kind, honest, and upfront about your feelings for an immortal is the best way to dissuade him.
- Let Your Guard Down – If you’re used to wearing the pants in a relationship, dating an immortal is going to be a change. Most immortals are alphas. Some immortals are open to change, while others prefer the heart-racing chase.
- Keep Things Private – You’re not dating a human any longer, and so public displays of affection extend far beyond a peck on the lips. For Vampires, a kiss in public can convey the same level of commitment as marriage vows. When you’re playing with a Dragon’s fire, or a Werewolves’ adrenaline, certain things are best left to happen behind closed doors.
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of the acclaimed “Lords of the Underworld” series and more than thirty other books. She can most often be found walking around talking to the hot otherworldly guys in her head.
Gena can be found online at http://www.genashowalter.com/.
Jill Monroe is the award-winning author of more than eight romance novels. She is convinced that every person she meets is more human, and spends most of her time trying to figure out if they’re werewolf, vampire, zombie – or, in her husband’s case, demon.
Jill’s website is at http://www.jillmonroe.com/.
And now it’s contest time. Planned TV Arts is offering up a print copy of Dating the Undead to one lucky US or Canadian commenter. Winner must be over the age of 16. To enter, please leave a comment answering the following question. Be sure to leave your email address in your comment so we have a way to contact you. The winner will be chosen on Sunday, February 26.
In Dating the Undead, Gena and Jill discuss dating vampires, werewolves, dragons, zombies, angels and demons. If you were to date an immortal, what “species” would you chose and why?