Natalie-Nicole: Natalie-Nicole Bates is a book reviewer and author.
Her passions in life include books and hockey along with Victorian and Edwardian era photography. Natalie contributes her uncharacteristic love of hockey to being born in Russia.
She currently resides in the UK where she is working on her next book and adding to her collection of 19th century post-mortem photos.
Visit Natalie-Nicole online at www.natalienicolebates.com
Jen: Tell us about Change of Address.
Natalie-Nicole: My new release is called Change of Address. It is a contemporary romance. Josseyln Adler is a home care nurse, and Ben Parnell is a cancer specialist. Each has a will that leaves them a very special house. The reader is to discover who has the fake will.
Natalie-Nicole: I started writing plays for school when I was about eleven. I was hooked after that. Change of Address was my first sale, but Antique Charming was the first published. I was offered contracts for both books within a week of each other. It was very exciting.
Natalie-Nicole: My partner is a poet.
Natalie-Nicole: More like patterns, rather than “must haves”. I write at specific times of the day, and I can’t write with other people in the room. I’m easily distracted.
Natalie-Nicole: I generally try to get things done well before a deadline. It will bother me if I have things hanging. The only way to deal with the pressure is to get things done as soon as I possibly can.
Natalie-Nicole: The romance genre more or less found me. I wanted to write some big mainstream novel. I decided to take a very intensive novel writing class where you are paired with a published author as your mentor. My mentor read over an early draft and said “This is romance”.
Natalie-Nicole: Josseyn Adler was a great character to write. She has a lot of me in her. I pulled a lot from my own upbringing into Josselyn’s character.
Natalie-Nicole: I was extremely pleased, but I really didn’t formally celebrate (only in my head!). I sold my second book a week later.
Natalie-Nicole: I’m still looking into law school. Whether or not I take the plunge is to bee seen.
Natalie-Nicole: Back To You, my next release, a contemporary romance, will be released January 30 at Bradley Publishing. I’m currently putting the finishing touches on a paranormal that will be the first in a series. I’ve never written a series, so this is new for me.
Natalie-Nicole: I would like to ask the readers, at the present time, what sub-genre of romance are you reading and loving the most?
- The prize is a pdf of Change of Address + a limited-edition Change of Address perfume.
- The contest is open to everyone (international included) over the age of 16.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Friday, February 3.