Last week we posted our review of Kiss of Frost. This week, our reviewer, Valerie, is interviewing Gwen, the star of the Mythos Academy Series. Sit back and enjoy!
Gwen: It is so totally frustrating. All the other kids have been training with weapons for years, so I have a lot of ground to make up. Everyone is so much better than I am at fighting. It’s really discouraging at times. Plus, everyone seems to know such much more than I do about the evil god Loki and his Reapers of Chaos. It’s frustrating, but I’m not giving up. I’m going to do my best to catch up to the other kids. I’m going to have to, given all the Reaper bad guys who just seem to keep coming after me.
Gwen: Vic can be moody at times, especially when he doesn’t get his way, and he’s a lot more confident and bloodthirsty than I am. He talks all the time about how we need to go find some Reapers to kill. Still, he’s my sword, given to me by Nike, the Greek goddess of victory, and he’s helped me out of some tight spots. I trust him, and I think he trusts me too.
Gwen: I just feel this old, ancient force swirling in the air around Grandma Frost whenever she has one of her visions, like someone or something is watching out for her and me too.
Gwen: It was really, really hard. I have a huge crush on the Spartan, who knows exactly how I feel about him. I think Logan feels the same way about me too, but he’s dating Savannah Warren. I don’t know what his deal is, but it hurts, seeing him with someone else.
Gwen: Because I don’t want to use my psychometry magic to find out what Logan is hiding from me. I want the Spartan to tell me about his past, to tell me about his secrets, in his own way and in his own time.
Gwen: Well, my Grandma Frost always says that we make our own destinies, and I believe her. I think I’m in control of my own fate, and I want to keep it that way.
Dark Frost, the third book in the Mythos Academy series, will be out in June 2012. Crimson Frost, the fourth book, is tentatively scheduled to be published in January 2013.
Folks can visit the following sites for more information about Jennifer’s books:
- The prize is a copy of Kiss of Frost.
- The contest is open to US residents only, due to shipping costs.
- You must leave a meaningful comment for entry. This means your comment needs to be more than “please enter me in the contest”.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Friday, December 9.