Have you ever….
Have you ever had a set plan for yourself and then had it turned upside down due to life events and maybe someone special? That’s what happened to both my hero and shero in The Doctor Takes a Princess, my July Harlequin Special Edition.
What I love about this book is that both characters have a super strong growth arc. That may sound kinda technical, but what it means is both of these characters GROW in a major way. Princess Bridget Devereaux needs to finish one last assignment – finding doctors for her island country of Chantaine. Then she has every intention of taking off for a long vacay in Italy indulging herself in gorgeous, Italian men. Bridget has always been viewed as charming, but a bit superficial. She’s done nothing to change this perception. She’s underestimated and fully intends to use that in her favor. Although she enjoys her nieces, she has no interest in procreating herself. She wants to have fun!
When she meets Dr. Ryder McCall, the man who can help her accomplish her mission of bringing doctors to Chantaine, her world is turned upside down. Ryder is the uncle of six month old boy twins. Worse yet, he now has custody of the boys due to the death of Ryder’s brother and sister-in-law. Ryder is a daddy! He doesn’t know what he’s doing, but he’s determined to be the top dog advisor to residents at his high-profile medical center and also be a father to his nephews.
I loved this book and hope you enjoy it too. You can read an excerpt here. http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Takes-Princess-Silhouette-Special/dp/0373656092/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1308621146&sr=1-1
So tell me have you ever had your set plans turned upside down for any reason? Or maybe you just experienced a moment that you knew changed you forever. That happened to me when I gave birth. Tell me about your moment or experience! One responder will receive a free copy of The Prince’s Texas Bride. And a second commenter will receive a rhinestone hair band because everyone should feel like Princess.
Happy Summer Reading! XO, Leanne Banks
P.S. You can read more about me and my books at www.leannebanks.com. Friend me on facebook for current news, pics and free book offers.
- We have two prizes. First up is a print copy of The Prince’s Texas Bride. And the second prize is a rhinestone head band.
- The contest is open to all our international readers.
- You must leave a comment for entry. Please let us know which prize (or both) you’d like to win.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Sunday, June 26.