Setting the Stage: My New Woman Cave
Most people know I have two teenage sons (15 and 19) and a husband at home. In addition to a regular full-time job, I write whenever I can. It’s a busy existence and even in a 3000+ SF house, I had no real office or “my” place. My desk was in a loft, surrounded by stuff and it wasn’t comfortable to work in.
After my 19 YO moved out, I decided to change that! The 15 YO moved into the big bedroom upstairs, then I moved the guest room into his larger room. I claimed the smallest bedroom upstairs as mine. Mine, mine, mine! *cackles*
I picked the paint color, did a lousy job painting with the 15 YOs help (don’t look at the ceiling, please). Then I moved everything in myself, except DH had to help me with the desk.
I’ve spent the last week putting everything away, finding exactly where things go. It made me almost giddy! I feel like a 16 year old girl again who just got her own room for the first time (true story of course). It’s got lots of purple, cause that’s my color y’know.
What’s next? Naming it of course. It’s a Woman Cave, but that makes it sound dirty. LOL. I was thinking of “Estrogen Oasis” but I’m looking for suggestions. I’ll print a sign and put it on the door. Yes, I have A DOOR I CAN CLOSE! *bliss*
Lay it on me y’all, what should I call my new room?
Beth has never been able to escape her imagination and it led her to the craft of writing romance novels. She’s passionate about purple, books, and her family (not to mention long cruises). She works full-time and writes romance novels evening, weekends, early mornings and whenever there is a break in the madness.
She is compassionate, funny, a bit reserved at times, tenacious and a little quirky. Her cowboys and western romances speak of a bygone era, bringing her readers to an age where men were honest, hard and packing heat.
For a change of pace, she also dives into some smokin’ hot contemporaries, bringing you heat, romance and snappy dialogue.
Beth is a Career Achievement Award Nominee in Erotic Romance by Romantic Times Magazine, in both 2009 and 2010. Beth also writes as Emma Lang, publishing historical sensual romance novels with Kensington Publishing.
- The prize is any download from Beth’s backlist, including the upcoming release Lucille’s Lawman.
- The contest is open to everyone over the age of 18.
- You must leave a comment with your suggestion of a name for her new room.
- A valid email address needs to be included in your comment. If you’re worried about spam, please modify your address, such as admin.bookblog AT gmail.com. You can also send a message to this email after your comment has been posted.
- While following the blog isn’t required, it is appreciated.
- The contest ends on Sunday, June 26.